Connecting Kids to Success – Now and in the Future
Connecting Kids to Success
Each time we connect a child (Little Brother/Sister) with a mentor (Big Brother/Sister), we start something powerful: a one-to-one relationship built on trust and friendship that increases their potential for success, and we have the facts to prove it.
Making Better Choices - Now
A national study conducted by Public/Private Ventures showed that Little Brothers and Little Sisters are:
- 52% less likely to skip school
- 46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs
- 33% less likely to engage in violent behavior
- 27% less likely to begin using alcohol
The Long-Term Impact of the Big/Little Connection
A 2009 survey conducted on behalf of Big Brothers Big Sisters by Harris Interactive® online, highlighted the life-long positive impact on adults who were mentored as children.
- 84% said they learned the importance of helping others
- 81% said the experience changed their perspective on what they thought was possible in life
- 77% set higher goals than they would have on their own
- 69% said their relationship with their Big Brother/Sister helped them make better choices as an adult
- 65% reported reaching a higher level of education than they thought possible